DJ Weekend Intensive
Become comfortable with the basic techniques and equipment of DJing, and create your first mix from one track to another.
What You’ll Learn
- How a DJ setup works: basic overview of turntable/CDJ, mixer, and headphones
- The proper technique to play and manipulate a vinyl record
- An introduction to digital DJing with Serato Scratch Live
- How to count beats
- “Dropping on the one”
- Beatmatching by “pushing and pulling” and “the halfway method”
- How to perform a basic mix/blend of two songs
Perform your first live two-song mix for the class.
Note: You can deduct the cost of this workshop from the cost of any of our other DJ programs if you continue with your studies at Dubspot.