NYC Housing Guide
You can use these resources to find information on housing in the New York City area. Please evaluate your housing options carefully as not all may be suitable for student living.
- Vrbo.com: Vacation rentals by owner.
- Airbnb.com: A community marketplace for people to list and book short-term accommodations.
- Apartments.com: Searchable database for short and long-term apartment rentals. Provides renter’s insurance and moving services information.
- NYC Affordable Housing Resource Center: New York City apartment hunting tips. Offers advice on multiple methods of apartment searching in NYC.
- Placeofmine.com: Searchable database of apartment rentals aggregated from online classifieds and housing forums.
- Street Easy: NYC real estate classifieds for rentals and sales. Provides neighborhood and school information and user forums.
- Tripping.com: Short-term home rental site that provides a community for meeting fellow travelers and locals.
- Trulia.com: Comprehensive site with sale and rental listings, real estate blog, and real estate agent resources. Free iPhone/Android app with GPS and search functionality.
Short-Term Housing Options
- Chelsea International Youth Hostel: Located at 251 West 20th St at 8th Avenue, this Chelsea area hostel is positioned in close proximity to Dubspot NYC. Note that maximum stay is two weeks, making this a good short-term solution while seeking longer-term housing.
- Hostelworld.com: Leading website for searching and booking hostels, B&B’s and other short-term accommodations worldwide, including a vast list of NYC resources.
- The Jane Hotel: Stylish and affordable hotel, conveniently located in the West Village, within walking distance to Dubspot.
- The 92nd St Y in Tribeca.
Organizations Offering Housing to Students and Interns
- International House: Housing for New York’s international student community. Practice rooms available on site.
- Educational Housing Services: Offers a variety of housing options for students and interns.
- NYC Guesthouse: Offers a hostel-type accommodation to students and interns in New York. Located in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, the guesthouse is 1 block from the subway and an approximately 30-minute commute to Dubspot.
- University Centre in Newark.
- Sara’s Homestay in Manhattan.
Local University Housing
- Columbia University: Sublet an apartment or room from a Columbia University student.
- NYU Summer Housing Information
- NYC School of Law Summer Housing in New York
Resources to help you get around New York City
- New York City Department of Transportation Homepage: Information on ferries, buses, trains, subway and other transportation.
- New York City Subway Map
- Hopstop: Door to door directions throughout New York City, also has an iPhone app available.
- NextStop: iPhone app with live subway information and transit map.
Dubspot Housing Disclaimer: The housing links provided on this website are links to third party housing providers. Such third party housing providers are not affiliated or associated with Dubspot in any manner. You fully accept all risks associated with using the services of the third party housing providers. You agree to hold Dubspot harmless from any damages or injuries that may arise from your use of the third party housing providers.